Whether you’re new to baking or just want a quick, easy, sugary make, why not give my simple flapjack recipe a try? I promise it’s really easy to follow and very difficult to get wrong! I love this recipe as it only uses 4 ingredients and I can make a batch within 30 minutes. It’s a universal crowd pleaser and makes the house smell amazing so it’s a great one to make when you have friends popping in to visit!
What I love the most is the gorgeous syrupy taste…it’s not one for the faint hearted (as you’ll see when you read the ingredients – but it’s not as bad as my Chocolate Celebration Cake!) but my mantra is “a little of what you fancy does you good” and this definitely fits the bill. It’s also perfect to enjoy standing by a bonfire watching the fireworks!
Top Tip If you can buy golden syrup in the squeezy container, I would recommend this over the mess of trying to spoon syrup out of a tin any day!
To make your own, you will need:
- 125g rolled oats
- 75g butter
- 75g sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- Small baking tin
- Baking parchment
- Mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
- Measuring scales
- Silicone spatula
- Line a small baking tin with baking parchment
- Weigh your rolled oats and place in your mixing bowl
- Melt the sugar, butter and golden syrup on a low heat until melted
- Pour this into your mixing bowl and stir into your oats
- Turn into your baking tin and press down evenly with your spatula
- Bake in the oven (190 degrees Celsius/Gas Mark 5) for 12-15 minutes
- Leave to cool in the tin
- When fully cooled, cut into squares (or any other shape that takes your fancy) and enjoy!
Like what you see? Sign up for more inspiration here