I wish I could take all of the credit for this recipe but it is actually one I stole from the Nigella website…OK, it’s a recipe I stole from my best friend’s mum, who got the recipe from the Nigella website. Mumma Joy made this for me last Christmas not just once but 2-3 times – given how much she gave to me, I can’t begin to imagine how much her family ate. I took my Chocolate Orange Muffins for them in return; it was a fair swap!
I was surprised when I saw the recipe – 3 ingredients?? Now that is my style of cookery! If you want to make your own, here’s how:
You will need:
- 50g unsalted butter
- 375g dark chocolate
- 375g sweetened condensed milk
You’ll also need:
- Microwave safe bowl
- Small baking tin
- Baking parchment/aluminium foil
- Silicone spatula
- A nice cold fridge!
- Put butter, chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl. Put bowl into microwave for 3 minutes.
- Once melted, take bowl out of the microwave and mix thoroughly.
- Line a baking dish with foil or butter paper. Pour prepared mixture in dish and even out to the sides.
- Let the dish cool in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into small squares and serve cold
If you wanted to give your chocolate fudge a twist, why not try flavoured chocolate? Lindt does a wide range of delicious chocolate (other brands are available) so why not try chilli chocolate fudge or chocolate orange fudge, or maybe even sea salt chocolate fudge?
This year I’ll be making it in abundance as it keeps well and tastes delicious with a cuppa when you finally get a moment’s peace in the chaos that is Christmas prep and entertaining! Will you make yours as a little treat for you, or will this make a beautiful homemade gift for your family and friends? Either way, I hope you enjoy it!
Like what you see? Sign up for more inspiration here