Today I’m sharing my incredibly simple recipe for a deliciously creamy pudding, homemade Chocolate Pots. You’ll be amazed that you only need 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes….provided you can leave them to chill for a couple of hours, you’re onto a winner.
You’d be forgiven for wanting to eat more than one small pot (I know I would) but they are small and perfectly formed in ramekins for a reason, they are very decadent; rich and creamy. Fancy making your own? Here’s how:
- 350ml double cream
- 100g good quality dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons sugar
You’ll also need:
- 4 ramekins
- Measuring scales
- Small saucepan
- Microwavable bowl
- Pour the cream and sugar into a small saucepan
- Simmer on the hob for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile break the chocolate into small chunks in a microwavable bowl
- Cook on high in the microwave for blasts of 20 seconds, removing the bowl each time and stirring the chocolate until it has melted
- Pour the contents of the saucepan into the melted chocolate and stir until smooth
- Pour into the ramekins and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours (ideally 3-4 hours)
If you had any leftover cream, you could also whip this until it is quite stiff and then add a spoonful on top of the Chocolate Pot. I prefer mine without, the cream in the pot is enough…I don’t want anything to detract from the chocolate!
If you love this idea, you will absolutely adore my recipe for Chocolate Truffles…now that is a topping I would put on my Chocolate Pot!
If you’re using this recipe as the perfect dessert for when you’re entertaining (looks posh, minimal effort or skill!) you might also want to take a look at my No Bake Chocolate Tart recipe
Like what you see? Sign up for more inspiration here