I’m very partial to a breakfast muffin with my coffee; if you’ve had a peek at my Banana and Chocolate Muffin recipe, you’ll see just how much. Today I’m sharing my recipe for delicious homemade Blueberry Muffins; they are incredibly light and fluffy and the slight sharpness of the blueberries works really well when you offset it with the sweetness of the cake. What I love even more is that you don’t need to prepare the blueberries, you just chuck them in whole (make sure you check there are no little stalks on any…could you imagine if you found that when you were eating your cake?!) If you fancy making a batch, here’s how:
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 300g self raising flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 150g of blueberries
- Mixing Bowl
- Metal Dessert Spoon (+ 1 additional to help you spoon the mixture into the cases)
- Measuring jug (or a large mug will be fine!)
- Paper Muffin Cases (or silicone for the environmentally conscious!)
- 12 Hole Muffin Tin
- Cooling Rack
- In a mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugar in a bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy (to cream the two, use a metal spoon and press and drag the mixture against the side of the bowl…you’ll hear the sugar crunching)
- Add the flour to the bowl
- In a jug, whisk the milk and eggs together
- Add to the mixing bowl and combine gently in a figure of 8 movement until smooth (be careful not to overwork the flour by stirring to vigorously)
- Add the blueberries to your mixing bowl and stir gently to combine
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases and bake in the oven (Gas Mark 5/200 degrees Celsius) for 20-25 minutes (when you check your cakes are ready press the top gently…if it springs back, it’s cooked)
- Leave to cook on the rack
I love the spotty cases, they are the perfect finishing touch to present the muffins – if you like them, you can find them at Wilko.
If you like this recipe, you might also love my recipe for Chocolate Orange Muffins – they are so yummy!
Have you popped over to my Top Hints and Tips for great baking? If not, you can check it out here – it will definitely up your baking game as you make your Blueberry Muffins!
Like what you see? Sign up for more inspiration here